Wednesday, July 15

Event: NAACP Youth Centenial celebreation!!

Last night I went to an event hosted by the NAACP which one of my friends, D-Ferg, was showing his amazing art at. It was a really cool event celebrating the NAACP centennial but also giving young people of color a chance to show their creativity and skills. UNFORTUNATELY my mom decided to take my camera home after taking pics for my little brothers birthday so I was unable to take pics of my own. I'm so bummed about that!! However, I did have people take pics for me and hopefully they will send them. Ill have to update!!


The Hosts were Jerome Lamaar of Baby Phat fame and Briana Bighan who was on BET's show "Harlem Heights" and the fashion show consisted of young designers of color. The pictures can really tell more than words, but the art that was displayed my D-Ferg, Jay West and L.A.R.E.B.E.L of Broken (aka L.A) was inspiring and a great way to show that not all young black men show their creative side through rap, art is a BIG part of our culture as well. All around it was a cool event celebrating black youth who are sometimes overlooked.


-Tori Cheyenne


No comments: