Sunday, July 19

Random train ride thoughts...

As I've mentioned before I do some of my best thinking while riding the MTA, and today was no exception. As I rode home from work at around 11 o'clock, so into my music, this homeless looking man shuffles to the seats in front of me. He has multiple bags, an overgrown beard and I notice that his head is incredibly bent. He's obviously had a rough life. As I try to hide my staring, I begin to wonder if his head is bent because of medical reasons or if for so long he's held his head down in shame that his neck has taken on that angle. I watched in sadness at this man, a man who at one point (and still may) have goals and dreams that have yet to be fulfilled, who everyday is prone to stares and disappointing looks from people who will probably never be in his situation. So to the man with the bent head, sorry that I've stared at you for the entire train ride without knowing anything about you except that your head may be permanently bent at a 90 degree angle thanks to people like me...

-Tori Cheyenne

1 comment:

Gambitt said...

Reality is so sad at times.
America isn't what its all cracked up to be like it was in the early 90's with all our big talk.

I feel your zone...I seen too much of that in Louisiana.