Thursday, June 18

Love needs a time card...

I've never been in love. I've never tasted its sweetness nor have I ever felt its warm embrace. Idk why that is, and I'm not going to use this post to try and answer it. I am going to say that a Loving Relationship is the hardest job one can have. I'm so ashamed that the divorce rate in America is steadily rising and the marriage rate isn't. Are we losing our ability to Love?? Are we so consumed with our daily lives that working on a relationship doesn't register high enough?? My hunnybun Troi and I were discussing her relationship w. a certain guy she's liked/talked to for a Lil over a year and she said "if its meant to be its meant to be". Although I've said that many times, when she texted that to me I had to strongly disagree. See, I like the idea of her and the boy together and knowing her I know she doesn't show how much she cares nor does she work at it, she believes that it'll just be there if its supposed to be there. Well I now know that it wont. Building a relationship takes so much work, work that people don't have time for or aren't willing to do.  Thats why most relationships fail, people think that its just supposed to work if its real love, when really you have to work at it even if its real love. With anything making it better takes practice, dedication, determination. Athletes don't make it to the top based off of the idea "If it meant to be its meant to be", they work hard at the craft. So maybe we should treat relationships/Love like its a professional sport or a even a job. And if you do it right and try your best you will be rewarded like no other. Let's work on Love...

-Tori Cheyenne

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Quick little side note since my comp died & its kinda sorta 5am.

I'm so tired of trying to make relationships work in life. I really feel like
not contacting those who don't really put as much effort into me as I do to
them.

Why live life chasing after people. "if you love something let it go..." but
what if you know they'll go and come back far later n it'll be weird n annoying.
What then?
What if they come and go when they please. Then yu have to add something on to
that quote. ""...and if it only comes and goes as it pleases let in go for GOOD
and don't let it back in." I started off speaking about friends and ended up on
the relationship tip...my wording somewhere along the line sounded like it to me
so I just went with it. And to further on relationships and letting go for good.
Is it the right thing? So often we as women say the men we love don't deserve
us, yet we still run back to them and if we don't then more often than not we're
miserable inside. What's better, giving someone the privilege of being in your
presence when they don't appreciate you, or letting them go just to hurt
yourself and compare everyone else to them although they'll never measure up. So
many songs talk about fighting for love. Jeanie Ortiz's song has a lyric saying
"you gotta fight for love, can I get a wish" other songs say "you shouldn't
fight for love" now I just don't know. Its tough for me and song lyrics perplex
me even further. ill let you know when I find out, if ever.